Thursday, October 8, 2009

The trees are in full color now!







































I hate to even say it but even as cold as it is here at the lake - the trees are beautiful right now. Would be even better of course if the SUN WOULD EVER SHINE - but we take what we get I guess! It's been a while since the last post, but it seems like there are not enough hours in the day - even if I am only working 3 days a week! It's going good at Andrew's office - getting used to it a bit - still lots to learn though! I am really enjoying it!

Have had some good weekends here at the lake - getting buckled up for winter. Pulled the pontoon to Gardner last week and got it all cleaned up to store. We are also going to sell it - we think a 22 foot would be a little better - so if anyone knows of someone that wants a almost brand new and really nice pontoon - let us know! We moved some of our garage over to Aunt Jo's garage this year, as Greg is going to paint the garage this fall. He is having a heater installed so Riley doesn't get cold when we leave him out there when we are gone. Greg says there are other reasons to heat a garage, but I know that is the main one!! Spoiled dog! We still have the deck furniture out just praying for a nice day or two, but no luck so far!

Bison Homecoming last weekend - had a great time, but the game sucked. We are just not very good this year, but all kinds of excuses could be made. I will only say that we are really young with a not very good quarterback. Out in the parking lot after the game, many people were calling for Bohl's head! Two years ago, they wanted to pay him a millon dollars to stay here forever - and now they want to clean house from the top down. Geez...it's only a game. Some people think it is life or death! I just like to go for the atmosphere of Bison FB - of course it's more fun when we win, but oh well! Saturday they play Iowa. Yikes?!?!

We have become "At the Emporium" groupies. It's a band that Adam Jones is in, and last Friday after a great supper for Billie's birthday at John Alexanders, they were playing at O'Learys in Moorhead. We stopped for a little while - and then on Saturday after a stop at Chubs, we went there again with practically the whole Jones family. They are really good and are very fun to listen to! They put on a great show! It was fun! Jenn, Kristin, and Quinn showed up later to - so it was great! On Sunday Jenn and I met for Sushi at O'Kelly's. Yummy!

Today and tomorrow as you can see, I get to spend the entire day with my favorite little man. He has a cold and a cough, but it still a little trouper. He eats three squares now (baby food in plastic containers?? who knew??), with bottles in between, takes two naps a day, is up on his hands and knees rocking, trying to figure out crawling, but in the meantime, he rolls and scoots wherever he wants to go! He is soooo cute! Greg and I are buying a gate this weekend for the basement steps, cause he could get there if he wanted to! He is my little sweetheart!

More news - Mom and Dad found a one level townhome to rent in West Fargo, so we will be moving them Nov 1st. I did a driveby and they look very nice - Not as good a view out the window as they have now, but so many more things that they need and were looking for. So again, if you know of anyone that needs a second level, very nice condo in West Fargo, just let me know!! They need to sell and it would be nice if it would go before winter. Keep your fingers crossed!!

Take care - and love to all! Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment