Friday, March 12, 2010

St Thomas 2010




























Another wonderful vacation getaway with my wonderful sister and brother in law, and great friends, Dave and Kim and Mike and Lavaun! It was perfectly great weather, very warm, and great beaches and wonderful food. I loved staying on the island for the whole week, we had been to St Thomas off of a cruise, but it was great to stay and see so much of the island. We had our own driver, Warren, who came when we called and dropped us off whenever and where ever we wanted. It was great especially because they drive on the wrong side of the road!

We went to St John and Trunk Bay was the most beautiful beach we were on, and Magens Bay is always a favorite! We took a catamaran tour and some snorkled and then we had lunch at a beach restaurant. We went to the Soggy Dollar Bar on Jost Van Dyke which was fun until I barely made it back to the boat swimming! Mark and Billie saved me!! And if I had only waited for Greg, the boat floated in closer and he practically walked on!! We went to a different restaurant every night and I had tuna every chance I got, except for the all you can eat crab night! I had the best tuna EVER at a place called Craig and Sally's! EXCELLENT! Billie and Greg had the biggest lobster I have ever seen at a place called Molly Malone's. We had all the crab you could eat at a place called Iggy's on the beach and boy did we eat as you can see by the pics! We would head back to the house after supper and either crash after the long day in the sun or party it up a bit. You can tell we are not in our 20's or 30's anymore...sleep was very much appreciated by all!!

This is such a wonderful group to travel with - everyone gets along so well, and we all like to do pretty much the same things and are very agreeable! It was just so much fun! The Villa ("oh the villa, it's a house") was beautiful with four great bedrooms and a bath for each plus two more! It will be a great place to take our family someday soon, cause two of the bedrooms were apartment like with their own kitchen! The kids could have their own space! The pool was great, especially at night, and the gourmet kitchen was so well stocked all we needed to bring was our clothes and food. We all decided we are pretty spoiled now and every vacation from now on we will try to rent a villa. We will throw a cruise in now and then cause we all like that too, but this was pretty great!
We came home to melting snow and rain, so spring is almost here and summer right around the corner!! My tan is fading as I write this, so lets hope for summer soon!!!
More great news!!!! Meagan and Andrew are having a baby GIRL!!! We found out Thursday, and I promptly went to Norby's when we got home from work and bought two cute PINK outfits!! It was so much fun! Dillon will make the best big brother ever! Dillon also learned to walk while we were gone!! It is so cute to see him - he looks so grown up!! It won't be long before he is watching over his little sister at a frat party just like his Daddy did a few years ago!!
Love to all! Grandma Becky

1 comment:

  1. Looks Beautiful!!! I am soooo jealous :-)
    By the way...Andrew and ALL of his friends were watching me like hawks...so he even got reinforcement!

    ReplyDelete