Well for sure we are getting back to real life after 16 days of vacation! Our longest at one time ever!! It was wonderful and we enjoyed Florida quite alot!! The weather was perfect - 80's every day - and while it was windy a few days - that was about all we could complain about. We stay a week in Fort Myers in a condo about 3 blocks from the beach. It was a great place and the walk consisted of passing bars, restaurants, and shops, so it was wonderful. We found so many great place to get fresh seafood!! It's crazy how much different a shrimp tastes when it has never been frozen!! Greg and I enjoyed alot of relaxing time together, and had lots of fun exploring. We were looking at different places to rent if we decide to go away for a month in the winter sometime soon. I think that is about all the time I could be away from my grandkiddos! I missed them so much!! We are not quite ready to settle down to one area yet - Fort Myers is a good choice, but we still want to look.
We did a boat tour around the islands, went fishing with a great guide and caught lots of fish (we cooked one sea trout one night for supper - it was great!!) We explored two different beaches - one completely quiet and the other pretty busy. We went to Sannibel and Captiva Islands and LOVED both of those!
On Friday, Billie and Mark and David and Kim joined us and Saturday we left for the Keys. We stayed at Marathon - Grassy Key - in a rented house. It was pretty nice - the area was residential and very quiet so we had to drive if we wanted restaurants and bars. Greg was our wonderful chauffuer all week!! We rented a limo to go the Key West one day and that was really fun! It's really pretty there, and if I ever did go back to the Keys I would want to stay there. More going on. We went to the No Name Pub and had GREAT pizza!! We explored the area a bit and found a beach to lay on. The great weather continued and we spent alot of time around our own pool and hot tub. There was no going in the water to swim - it was kinda gross and smelly - and no one tried to fish either, which surprised me! We had our own dock!! We were basically pretty lazy and just enjoyed each other's company and some very relaxing days! There was a dolphin sanctuary not far from our house and we went there and got to touch the dolphins. Pretty cool. On the way back to Fort Myers on Saturday we also stopped and road an airboat thru the Everglades. That was very cool and we saw alot of alligators! They looked fake until you saw their eyes blink!! Pretty scary and huge animals! The only complaint I have about the Keys is the noceeum bugs! WOW - they put mosquitos to shame! You can't see them, they can go thru screens they are so small, and you don't know you are getting bit until you see the bumps and feel the itch the next day! They don't affect everyone, but Billie, Mark and I got them the worst. Must be our sweetness is all I can think of!! We looked like we had chicken pox!! Oh my God the itch!! Still have the marks today, but the itch is gone thank god! I hate to complain about it, but it was crazy!!
Now, back to real life - seeing the kids was so much fun! I couldn't wait to give them big hugs! Mr.Dillon turned 3 while we were gone!! Such a big boy! Preslee gave me a great big smile and hug after staring for just a minute! Oh ya - Gramma!! And Jennifer is popping out!! She looks wonderful and the baby is moving like crazy! There is a shower for her on Sunday - should be fun to see what people buy when we don't know the sex of the baby!! We are all getting pretty anxious! She has her 32 week ultrasound next week so we will get to see that the baby really looks like a baby!!! Can't wait!!
Back to work, back to exercising, back to life. I am happy to be home!!
No comments:
Post a Comment