Monday, August 17, 2009

Lots of Fun!















































Lots of fun to post about since I reported last. Dillon Lewis Barker was baptized this past Sunday and it was such a wonderful day. He was a star during church and the ceremony, perfectly happy and taking it all in and as he was carried down the aisle by the minister, he was all eyes as he scanned the people as they all watched him. So cute - Jenn and Meagan's sister and her husband Rich were sponsors - Jenn is so proud to be his Godmother - and I'm sure she will always be a huge part of his life. He is so loved by so many. The kids did a wonderful job of hosting a brunch afterwards, and the food was excellent! It even became sunny later in the afternoon so the cousins could go swimming a bit. Very nice.
We also had some nice pontoon time on Thursday nite and Friday - we finally had some real summer days and took advantage of it while we could. Bil and Mark came for an early start of their weekend so Thursday nite was long on liquid and short on food, but with the summer we have had we need to take advantage of every minute on the boat we can!! Jenn, Kristin, and Erin came on Friday nite and we all celebrated Jennifer graduating from University of Mary (Fargo) with her Masters of Business!!! We are so proud of her and know this is something she worked very hard for. We know this will add to her success in the business world as she keeps her eye out for a new job, or starting her own business. Whatever she wants, she can do - and we know she will be happy and successful! She has a strong will (always has from day one :) and a big heart and she can do whatever she puts her mind too. Watch out world - or should I say Fargo/Moorhead. We don't want her moving anywhere to live out her dreams!!
I have been working for Andrew now for 2 weeks and am really enjoying it. There is alot to learn and it's all very interesting, I think I will really enjoy it! I am still keeping my eyes out for a full time job, but for now this is very good. It gets me out of the house part time and makes me feel worthwhile! We haven't had a boss/employee review yet, but I hope he thinks it is going as good as I do. We move to a new office building at the end of the month, and that will make me feel more settled. I am just in temporary space right now - so it will be better later.
And of course, the more I learn the faster I can take some weight off of his shoulders. He is really busy!!
As you can see, Greg and I put up a new flagpole at the lake - straight as an arrow of course with Greg doing it - and we are proudly flying the stars and stripes and the Bison flag. We will put a rock and or flower garden around it sometime soon - but for now it looks pretty nice.
The summer is winding down, but this coming weekend there is a fun day on Big Detroit sponsored by the DL Parrotheads. They start at Zorbas and then travel by boat to different bars around the lake with music playing and drinks at the bars that we will stop at. It is a fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity - so IF the weather is nice we are going to take the pontoon in and join in the fun. We did the tour around the "big lake" the first summer we had it and it was alot of fun - so this should be cool too. I hope the weather cooperates!! Then it is almost time to think about packing for Vegas!! - or at the very least - figure out what clothes to take along. We are all excited to be getting together with the CA family for this wonderful occasion. It should be a blast!! Going to have to bank some sleep before we go - I think sleeping that weekend is going to be on the short list!
Have a great week everyone - Love to all! Becky


































































No comments:

Post a Comment