


My favorite little man is now 6 months old and growing so fast! He has his first new teeth (two!), he is sitting up, and is just the most happy, smiley baby! Andrew calls him Guy Smiley (a Muppett character he remembers from his childhood), and it describes him perfectly! He smiles at everyone! He was at the 90th birthday party for Greg's Great Aunt Florence and he was the star of the show again! He smiled at everyone that looked at him! Just can't get enough of him and we get to babysit on Thursday and Friday nites as Andrew and Meagan go to We Fest this weekend. I also get to puppysit Briggs starting Thursday as Jenn is going to a wedding and visiting in Arizona with Mike and Jack. Mike's parents live there and she has never met Mike's sister who also lives there with her husband and baby girl. She is looking forward to it and is anxious for some heat! To bad she has to go to Arizona to get it!! Travel Safe guys!!Last weekend we entertained our Aunt Beverly from Washington and Aunt Betty (Fargo) at the lake. Bev was also here for Florence's birthday party which was alot of fun. Florence is a kick and always has been! We never see Greg's side of the family so it was wonderful to have most of the family together. Bev and Aunt Betty came on Friday nite and we all went to Shoreham for a wonderful meal. We snuck a pontoon ride around the lake between rain showers too! On Saturday it didn't rain, but the wind was making it feel pretty cold so we made the best of it by hiding by the garage and moving anywhere the sun was! Russ and Janet and Shelley came for the day too, and we had a very nice visit. Beverly is almost an exact replica of Greg's mom Caroline so when she is with us, its feels like having a piece of Caroline back. At the birthday party when Beverly took Dillon in her arms, he snuggled into her neck and seemed to want to give her a big hug. It was weird - but it was like Caroline was hugging her Great Grandson - and maybe that sounds weird - but that's the way it felt. Gave Greg and I shivers. I thank God everyday that both my parents are still here and healthy and can enjoy every single moment they get with Dillon.
This past week I started working with Andrew part time - it is temporary while I still look for a full time job - I am making calls for him - keeping his schedule full and will get trained on how to do some of his paperwork for him to take off some of the load. He has needed someone for awhile now, and it seems like it will be really interesting. It was just great to be among the land of the working again! Really nice people in the office, even though I won't really be working with any of them as Andrew is running his own business and I will work only for him, but it is nice to be in an office setting again. It will be very part time working short days on Mon, Tues, and Wed. Sounds perfect right?? When he was introducing me around as "Becky - also my Mom" some of the younger guys said ohhhh - how's that gonna go?? I think it will work just fine - and I think I will really enjoy it the deeper in I get. If things work out - and it turns into more time - He also wants me to get my insurance license - it's a series of three tests! EEEK!! It's been a long long time since I've studied for anything, but it has been something I have talked about at different times in my "career" so it's about time I "just do it"!! Wish me luck!
Have a great weekend everyone! Love to all, Becky
Great news about the job! How fun it will be!! I had a great time working with Russ. He may say differently :). I think we only beat on each other a little but more times than not, I thought it worked well. And getting your insurance license sounds like something that might be right up your alley. I believe you will know most of the stuff anyway...the trick will be not to let "test fright" scare you off. If you want, I'd be happy to help you study. Good luck!!
ReplyDelete