Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Beautiful Wedding and a Wonderful Weekend!





















































It was one of the best Labor Days we have ever had as we spent the weekend in Las Vegas for the wedding celebration of Kendall and Joe, and we got to see the whole Gowenlock family!! The wedding was certainly beautiful and they both looked so radiant and happy. The mother of the bride was beautiful and wore the prettiest dress! Everyone looked great! The weather was the first taste of summer we ND/MN'er's have had and we soaked up as much as we could by the pool, lazy river, and wave pool. A couple of us overheated at times, and I was pretty much a sweaty mess most of the time, but it was still fun! The food at the reception was awesome and the cake and dessert table was almost to pretty to eat!! But we did manage to dig into it after the dance was over - even if they took the spoons away!! And yes Mal - we attempted to do your/our version of Michael Jackson's Thriller Dance. After very little practice - attempt we did. It was not terrible, but not very good either. But we do deserve a little credit for even trying it!! Next wedding dance - MORE PRACTICE! Cause it really was fun - if not a little embarrassing!! Secretly - I'm glad Mallory wasn't there for our performance - I would have hated to see her face when we got done! HA!

On Sunday we did our walking tour around Las Vegas and saw the sights ending up at the Bellagio fountains. I can't get enough of those fountain shows and it was the first time for Scott and Deanne and even Scott was impressed!! It was a wonderful day! Andrew, Meagan, and Jenn went to a show on Sunday nite, but then met up with us afterwards. I didn't do much gambling, just didn't seem to have time, but Greg did as was staying ahead. He did pretty good on the Craps tables. Monday before we left Bil and I tried some roulette and she did ok, but I lost. Oh well. We had some great sushi on Sunday too, but other than that and the reception supper, our food budget was pretty small. Really didn't have another great meal the whole weekend! Didn't really try either - didn't seem time for that either!
As you can see - today I get to spend with my favorite little man who is so happy today!! He is giggling, smiling, and generally entertaining his grandma!! I can't get enough of him either!! He is napping now and I am heading out to enjoy some MN sunshine while he sleeps! It may rain tomorrow - so enjoy it while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment