Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Is it over yet?!?!?















Come on winter - give us a break!  Yes January is over, but it is soooo cold! Sunny and bright today, but it sure seems like it has been a long one - and we have at least two months to go! February should go fast with ALOT going on, but it can't go fast enough for me! I think we should have talked Jennifer and Mike into getting married in the winter so we could be going someplace soon - April 8th seems like to far away!!

Plans are pretty much settled - I am much more relaxed now.  We have the pastor, venue, music, flowers, decorations, and a photographer,  And the photographer was the biggest stresser! I was really nervous we wouldn't find anyone - in our price range anyway! Everybody wanted to charge an arm and a leg for a huge package of pics.  Jennifer and Mike only wanted a couple of hours and to be able to print the pics ourselves.  We found someone and they look really good on the website.  It is going to be a beautiful day - I just can't wait.  I have been starting to concentrate on my dress now - I actually ordered one online at Nordstrom's and if I hate it I can take it back there when we go to MPLS for Jennifer's bachlorette party in a couple of weeks. Jennifer is getting her dress hemmed now, she ordered her "Toms" shoes to wear and she and Meagan are working on some ideas for something to wear in her hair. Billie and I are getting our hair and makeup done at the resort that day too! It sounds fun - but the last time I had my hair done for a special occasion was 9th grade prom and I came home crying, washed it, and did it myself.  Let's hope that doesn't happen again!

The pics of Dad and Dillon are from Dad's birthday get together - the old box of toys came out.  The same one all the grandkids have played from! Dillon loved them and he and Dad had fun! It was a very nice party!  Preslee Jae was baptized a couple weeks ago wearing the same dress that Meagan wore. It was beautiful and she was perfect during the ceremony.  She got tired during the pics though and just wanted to go home!! We have been spending lots of time with those two and they are both growing so fast!  She is smiling all the time, and sleeps like a charm. Lay her down, nap or night, and she just goes to sleep! Perfect child # 2!!  Dillon has become JD tractor crazy! It must be just a boy thing!  He is also into bobcat's like Papa Johnson, Thomas (he calls him Tommy) the Train, Elmo still, and books! He likes to color too. He turns TWO tomorrow! Where does the time go! He is chattering all the time, and everytime we see him, it is more words and sentences all the time! Such fun!

This weekend Bil and Mark are coming and we are going to Three Dog Night at the casino. Saturday there is a old timers snowmobile race going around to all the bars here. Greg likes looking at all the old sleds and I like all the activites at the bars.  Then Saturday night The Front Fenders are at The Pit. Should be fun! Next weekend is the start of Polar Fest and a fishing derby (I am babysitting and then meeting up with them at the bar later) that everyone is going to, then the next is Jennifer's bachlorette party. See why I said February will go fast?? I sure hope the weather cooperates for all these events!!

Oh -  and we have a really nice 2004 Honda Accord for sale if anyone is interested, or knows of anyone that might be???

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment