Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome 2011!!!
























As I sit and look back on pictures from 2010, I realize what a wonderful year it has been, and all the excitement that will come in 2011! Our family will grow by two in April and Jennifer and Mike are married and we are so excited for that day! The planning has been fun and I am sure it will be a beautiful wedding day! Can't wait!!  We had a wonderful Christmas and New Year, even though the weather didn't cooperate for our annual party.  Greg and I hunkered down, bought some special food for the evenings, and had a great time despite the weather. It never really did get very bad in "lake country". We are so protected here, it just looks different. And while we have alot of new snow, it doesn't look anything like Fgo-Mhd.  We pretty much moved around here like normal all weekend.  Jenn and Mike came over on NY Eve after they had supper in town.  We had a great time with them like always, and at midnight tried to lite a couple of the lanterns that we had on the 4th.  It wasn't much of a success as you can see, but we did light a couple rockets after that and brought in the new year with a BANG!

Christmas Eve was at Jenn and Mike's with the Barker side. It was a magical evening with wonderful food, great company and lots of fun opening presents!  Dillon totally got into it this year, and opened so fast it was hard to keep up!  He loved everything, and Preslee was kind enough to let him open her gifts too!  Jack and his cousin Rian loved all they got too, especially the books!!  And we surprised him with an electric scooter that he was thrilled with!  Can't wait until nice weather so he can ride it!!  The next day we all went to Dave and Shorty's for the traditional prime rib dinner which didn't disappoint! It was yummy - thanks Dave for actually cooking mine so I could enjoy my piece too!!

New Years Day, A&M and J&M went snowmobiling for awhile so we got to spend the day with the kids!  They were so much fun!  Preslee is a smiley bug as you can see and loves to laugh, talk, and watch her big brother!  And Dillon is just as loveable as always!  They both took 2 1/2 hour naps so "nama and gampa" got a little napping done too!  Wonderful day - love those kids!!!

Now - I suppose - back to real life.  I love the holidays, but I suppose I do have to go back to work.  Looking at the calendar, though, the weekends don't slow down much!  Dad's birthday next weekend, Polar Fest in DL, Greg's fishing trip to Lake of the Woods, wedding planning, bachelorette party in Feb, etc.... I know this winter will just fly by!! We have had enough snow now, so let's concentrate on getting through January with no more storms!!! Love to all and a very happy new year to everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment