Christmas 2012
Pretty Girl
First Sled Ride
A bunch of Old Theta Chi's singing "we are the joy boys, of Theta Chi"!!!
Our Bison Buddies and the Tower of Beer - (bad picture taker)
Friday Night Pep Rally
Storming the field after the big win!
Coach Bohl
Celebration! Gretchen and Lauren are in there somewhere!!
South Padre Island
The view of our condos from the Penthouse (purchase price of this view $900,000!!!)
The pool was not heated!!!! So the hot tub was our only option!
Great beach for walking as long as you watch out for the Portugese Man of War Jelly Fish!!
I don't know if you can tell who this looks like, but she was in a great band we saw. We all thought she looked earrily like Grandma Caroline!!
Sunrise View from our master bedroom balcony.
Greg and I on our daily walk.
San Antonio RiverWalk
Dick's Restaurant
Remember the Alamo!
Had a very hard time walking by a Pub!!
Nite with the kids when we got home - ice cream treat!
Well I finally got my computer to work!! Having trouble downloading pics to it lately, so here is a mishmash of pics. I didn't take many at Christmas for some reason - they are mostly on my Ipad and I need to get them on here soon!! We had a wonderful Christmas with the Barker's on Christmas Eve afternoon at Shelley's and then back to Mike and Jenn's for the evening. It was perfect! The kids surprised me with a canvas print of the pic we put on our Christmas card - it made me cry. I love it. All the kids were great and loved every present they opened!! Christmas Day at Dave and Shorty's again for Prime Rib. Perfect again!
Then............Back to Back Bison Championship!!! We had a great time driving to Texas this year with Dave and Kim Jones - our Bison Buddies. The Friday Night Pep rally was great with a huge crowd and the game of course was amazing! We took over in the second half and showed them real Bison Football. It was alot of fun!! Frisco TX is a great place to host the game, and every business was very happy to see us back. We extended our trip and drove to South Padre Island where we had rented a condo. And except the fact it wasn't nearly warm enough, it was a very nice place. I am pretty sure though that I never need to drive across Texas again though. Boy that is a BIG state. Whew! Really, driving wasn't as bad as I imagined it - we had great roads both ways - so it was a very nice vacation. We didn't think it was warm enough down there until we stepped out of the car at Topeka Kansas - then we decided 65 or 70 degrees really was pretty nice!! Foolishly we also thought that half of January was already over - so how bad could winter be around here. HA! It can be pretty bad!! Pretty sure after this year.....Greg and I will be scooting out of here next year for at least the whole month of January if not more!!!
Our remodeling project is nearing completion - finally!! All that is left is the finishing touches on the fireplace, and some more lighting work in the kitchen. Greg has put away his paintbrush for good he says. He has pretty much painted this whole place - and figures this should be it! I haven't mentioned the next project is the laundry room, master bathroom, and possibly the basement bathroom. Maybe next year after this pain has worn off! I will post some before and after pics here when it is completed. We love it all - and it feels like our house now. So warm and cozy!!
Counting down to our next vacation - Mexico for BJ and Ashley's wedding - 25 days now!! Can't wait. It will be warm there for sure!! Take care everyone - love to all!























No comments:
Post a Comment