Thursday, June 4, 2009

Life is Great!

8 :30PM and I just walked up from the dock - and I need to report that Greg and I were sitting watching the "Munson Lake Loons" feeding their two babies. It was a beautiful thing to see. They are such majestic birds! Is that a weird description?? I don't know, but thats the way it seems. They are just so beautiful! We took the binoculars down and saw the two babies sitting on their Mom's back and the Dad was fishing - we could see him take the two babies small little fish and feed them one by one - and then he fed some to the Mom too. It was the coolest thing - the lake was smooth, the sun was setting on it, and it was just wonderfully beautiful!

Another beautiful thing was that it is a Thursday nite and ex-farmer Greg is sitting there with me enjoying it as much as I am! I joked to him that we are turning into "crazy bird people" and soon we would be joining bird clubs with other crazy bird people. He didn't quite agree with that but we laughed anyway! We went to the Speak Easy tonite for Sushi Night, which is supposed to be every Thursday, but they didn't have it - kinda disappointed, but we had good food anyway - just kinda wanted to try out Sushi in DL - not sure what to expect, but will try again sometime.

Checked out the new cabin bathroom tonite and it looks GREAT!! Can't wait till the place is cleaned and ready for use - summer will finally be officially here when it is ready! This Saturday - D-Day.

Happy Birthday to Mike and Jack this week! Happy 5th Anniversary to Andrew and Meagan, tomorrow! Love to All, Becky

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to get a bird book so you can study up on all the species!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say I'll have to get you a bird book so you can study up on all the species!!

    ReplyDelete