Hi everyone - we had bits and pieces of warm weather if you call 75 degrees warm. I think that was the highest temp although on Sunday evening when taking the pontoon out on a really calm lake it might have hit 80 - I'm not sure. We timed it just right and Andrew, Meagan, and Dillon were just going out at the same time we were pulling up to their house so they jumped in with us and we tooled around until the wind switched and it got cold again! That is the very best part about our houses on the same lake - they pull up to our dock to visit and we can do the same! Dillon had his first of very many pontoon rides - and I forgot to grab my camera when we were leaving so I only have it recorded on my phone! He helped Grandpa drive a little and I'm sure there will be more of that in the coming years!! I got to watch him on Monday after his dr appt - a guy needs a little spoiling after three shots right??? He slept for over two hours in the afternoon - pretty worn out! But I got lots of smiles and even a small giggle when he woke up! Such a cutie pie! Love, Love, Love him!!
Billie and Mark stayed the weekend again and lots of work was accomplished at the cabin. The yard is picked up and ready, the hut is ready, and the bathroom was painted by Mark and Greg. It looks soooo good - and Larry is coming this week to finish the rest. Should be usable by this weekend and after Rib Fest and Three Dog Night Friday nite, it will be put to the test on Saturday. Billie is coming on Friday to clean up the cabin - and after Dillon leaves Friday afternoon (I will watch him in the morning until his Auntie JJ can come to stay with him while Mom and Dad go to celebrate 5 years of marriage!!) I will go over and help her clean. I can't wait to see the finished room - it will be great! We also celebrated my birthday (thanks everyone for coming to supper!!) on Friday and went to the street fair in DL on Saturday - so it wasn't all work - we had fun too!!
I also got to pick up Dillon on Friday and we went and walked around DL for a long time - uptown to some shops and by the beach too. He slept alot of the time, but it is so fun when people peak in the stroller and rave how cute he is! I just agree of course with a proud grandma smile! There was a small 15 minute parade for Lakeshirts employees that we watched too. I didn't knock any kids over for candy though - next year maybe.
I am in Gardner for a couple nites and then back to the lake again - lovin this schedule - and the time I get to spend with Dillon especially. Still looking for a job though - it's not much fun being looked at as an old person - they call it experienced - but say it as old. Everyone I have talked to so far (I had a phone interview with NDSU for a library Secretary) talk about my years on the job and how much they would need to pay me versus a 20 something year old. They don't say it in so many words to avoid age discrimination - but it is implied. Not cool. But I will keep trying to find something interesting. Anyway - have a great week and weekend everyone - think warm! Love, Becky
whoops - looks like I picked the same picture twice - not sure how to get rid of that :) Oh well!
No comments:
Post a Comment