Here we go - the first official weekend of summer!!! Whoo Hoo!! And it's even more exciting cause Greg will actually get to enjoy it this year without having to worry about the farm!!! We went to Fargo Tues morning together and had breakfast, then put the flowers on the family graves and paid our respects, got groceries, and during it all he was talking about the fact that normally he would be a nervous wreck about getting the crop in - not getting groceries with me on a beautiful May morning! He is amazed that he is not missing it more than he is - he said that morning that he was more ready to quit than he even thought at the time! I have been so thrilled all this spring because he has been so happy and relaxed - and we both know it was the right decision at the right time!!! And since we are both unemployed at the moment - we have spent alot of time talking and discussing our situation - and we realize that all things happen for a reason - and we just need to relax and see where all these changes may take us! Big changes - but loving it so far!
My interview last week resulted in a rejection letter on Tues - They said they would love to be able to hire me, but realize that they wouldn't be able to pay me anything close to what I was making before for a teller position. I will keep my eyes open for something interesting - maybe something entirely different than banking!
I am at the lake today - cleaning and washing bedding getting Aunt Jo's cabin ready for Mike and Lavaun. It is so much fun! It's like playing house - in someone else's cute cabin! I am planting a few flowers today or tomorrow too, just to make it look homey and cute. I think I will also try and plant a few tomato plants in "Rosie's" garden. She has the best spot staked out of course, but I should be able to eek out a spot for a few plants of my own! I will talk to her as soon as I see her there again and pick a sunny spot!
We have also had a knucklehead here for about 8 Hours!!! trying to make a remote work for our new sound system. It is ridiculous - and if he doesn't get it right soon I am going to scream!!! He is one of those chatty guys who if he would stop talking this job would have been done about 3 hours ago!! Site On Sound everyone - not sold on the place yet - I will let you know how this all shakes out - they better work with us on the prices of all this stuff especially the labor, because it is not our fault this guy is a moron.
Well, my cookies are done for Mallory who returns from her 4 1/2 month trip to Norway this weekend - can't wait to see her!! Yes Shannon and Elliott - I will make GF cookies for you too. Everyone is staying here this weekend cause the bathroom at the cabin is not quite done yet. I can't wait - it will be a blast!! The bathroom looks great by the way - Dad did the floor and it is really pretty - and the taping and mudding should be done today and tomorrow. There is just alot of clean up and final things to do, so the goal of getting it done by Memorial Day was close but not quite. Anyway - it will be fun to have them all here - and the weather sounds like it will cooperate although not very warm yet. Sunny though so we will concentrate on the positives! We will go back on Sunday for the NC graduation - Gretchen is co-Salutitorian (not even sure of the spelling???) - and she gets to talk - so it should be pretty cool! Some of the family will see Dillon for the first time on Sunday - what they have missed!!! He maybe won't be his smiley self, because with alot of people around he becomes Mr. Serious! But it will be fun to have him there and everyone around.
Have a great weekend everyone!!! Love to all, Becky
No comments:
Post a Comment