
My Grandma Elliott passed away yesterday morning - so sad, but yet she is free of pain and thankfully sitting with Grandpa, Jean, Johnny, Allen, Brady, and everyone in heaven who was there to welcome her. She will forever be remembered in my heart for her strength, courage, and all the love she showed to her family and through her family. We are all a part of her, and what a brood she started!! How many people can take a Five Generation picture and have a grandma so beautiful! She was all dolled up and so proud! 93 great years and her wit and humor never left her. She was a wonderful source of wisdom and I only hope I have just a little bit of that courage and strength in me too!
I know that I will always have a bucket of nice thick soft chocolate chip cookies in my freezer in honor of her! Growing up with her and going to school across the street from their house, I and all my friends could always count on a "freezer cookie" or chocolate chocolate donuts lovinly made by her hands and I was always very popular during my grade school years. The annual tradition of Tom and Jerry's after the school christmas program is also a favorite memory. The huge family gatherings for practially every holiday, sitting at the kids table, and just waiting for the plum pudding! The rasberry patch - just the thought of it makes my mouth water. She was a hard working, soft spoken, hold your feelings in type of women - but I always knew she loved with all her heart, and she made me feel very special. She was a wonderful great grandma too, and my kids have fond memories or her and her special brand of humor. I can remember Meagan's face when they asked a couple years ago, what they could take her for Christmas when they were going for a visit at Bethany - I said her two favorite things were Heinken and dark chocolate - and if you were going the beer better be cold cause she would want you to sit down and have one or two with her!! One of my fairly recent memories, was at Andrew and Meagan's wedding. Mom and Dad took her back to the hotel a little early during the dance, and we thought she would be in bed. Oh no - when we walked into the reception area after everything was over, there she was, still drinking a beer. We have the best picture of her with the clock over her head showing 3:45 AM!! Jennifer finally leaned over the table and said "Grandma - are you ever going to bed?? I can't go to bed before my Grandma!!!" It was priceless. Jenn especially loved her visits with Grandma - she was always interested to hear what she was up to and what was going on in her life, the juicier the better!
One of my last visits with her was when I took her great great grandson Dillon to see her. Our timing was bad as she was in the beauty chair getting her hair done, but when she saw us (mainly him) her eyes just lit up. He smiled at her and her heart was full of pride. She loved her family so much, and to be able to watch us all grow and multiply was her greatest joy. She will forever be in our hearts, and her strength and love have shown us all how to live the best life we can. Grandma - as you occupy a special place in heaven now - you will always have a special place in my heart. I love you. Becky
I know that I will always have a bucket of nice thick soft chocolate chip cookies in my freezer in honor of her! Growing up with her and going to school across the street from their house, I and all my friends could always count on a "freezer cookie" or chocolate chocolate donuts lovinly made by her hands and I was always very popular during my grade school years. The annual tradition of Tom and Jerry's after the school christmas program is also a favorite memory. The huge family gatherings for practially every holiday, sitting at the kids table, and just waiting for the plum pudding! The rasberry patch - just the thought of it makes my mouth water. She was a hard working, soft spoken, hold your feelings in type of women - but I always knew she loved with all her heart, and she made me feel very special. She was a wonderful great grandma too, and my kids have fond memories or her and her special brand of humor. I can remember Meagan's face when they asked a couple years ago, what they could take her for Christmas when they were going for a visit at Bethany - I said her two favorite things were Heinken and dark chocolate - and if you were going the beer better be cold cause she would want you to sit down and have one or two with her!! One of my fairly recent memories, was at Andrew and Meagan's wedding. Mom and Dad took her back to the hotel a little early during the dance, and we thought she would be in bed. Oh no - when we walked into the reception area after everything was over, there she was, still drinking a beer. We have the best picture of her with the clock over her head showing 3:45 AM!! Jennifer finally leaned over the table and said "Grandma - are you ever going to bed?? I can't go to bed before my Grandma!!!" It was priceless. Jenn especially loved her visits with Grandma - she was always interested to hear what she was up to and what was going on in her life, the juicier the better!
One of my last visits with her was when I took her great great grandson Dillon to see her. Our timing was bad as she was in the beauty chair getting her hair done, but when she saw us (mainly him) her eyes just lit up. He smiled at her and her heart was full of pride. She loved her family so much, and to be able to watch us all grow and multiply was her greatest joy. She will forever be in our hearts, and her strength and love have shown us all how to live the best life we can. Grandma - as you occupy a special place in heaven now - you will always have a special place in my heart. I love you. Becky
Oh my gosh the "frozen cookies" I can't remember the many stops Darin & I made at the farm to get some of Grandma's cookies! For years I asked her for the recipe, she just would says its just choc.chip cookies. Well time went on and many batches of coookies for my husband and boyz....Never as good as Grandma Elliott's. Well about 9 or 10 years ago she finally gave me her recipe......I could have decked her to the moon and back. Toll House cookies recipe from the back of the darn bag! She laughed and smiled, I was floored. I can't wait to pull that same crap on my kids children. I luv checking out your blog for more pictures of your amazing grandson. See you in a few....Tamara
ReplyDeleteI really love this tribute to Mom. She will be remembered by all with many stories on Wed. She was many things to all the family.
ReplyDelete